Tuesday 18 October 2011

Re Learning Photoshop Properly...

I have started to learn how you can use photoshop to render simple line drawings to start to create a believable final image. I Started with th eline drawing of a radio shown below, this was in adobe illustrator and then converted into a photshop document.

Basic 2d line drawing of a radio.
Then when in photoshop the areas to be filled were selected and placed on idividual layers for further/ easier editing and then filled using the bucket tool. Then layer effects including bevel/emboss and various shadows were added to create the illusion of a 3d object.
I also added a custom texture to the face using noise and motion blur tools, creating a brushed metal finish. I had to make sure that all the shadows and highlights were uniform and pionting in the same way

I then added the final touches and placed the radio in a one point perspective background. 

I blurred the image background so that the radio seemed more crisp and in focus, i also added a lot of midtone and shadow darkening under the radio to create depth
Overall time from start to finish approx 5-6 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment